Aaaahh Thin Mints! The yearly binge on Girl Scout Cookies has begun. At what cost? $3.50 a box! When multiplied by four boxes, I’m down 14 bucks! Using the words of Wednesday on "The Addams Family," "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?" I could’ve bought eggs, milk, bread, and cheese. So how much bang for my buck is the Girl Scouts Organization getting? I learned that the profit from the sales goes to the national organization, then to the regional councils, and finally to the local troop. The local troop typically receives between 45¢ and $1 according to Wikipedia. I think next time a Girl Scout comes to my door, I’ll just hand her $5.00 and save myself the calories.
My hubby says that buying Girl Scout cookies is an American institution. I’m not sure what I think, except that $14 was difficult to part with.
2 comments:
Hello Julie! Welcome to the blogosphere. I can never resist buying a box from every little girl who asks. Keep writing.
(www.barefootbhakti.wordpress.com)
Hey, Jules! Nice blog!
I don't know about an American institution, but they're close. I don't buy them to benefit the GS troop. I buy them to benefit my taste buds!! :-) You can't get that thin mint taste anywhere else!!!
Post a Comment