Friday, June 6, 2008

Yesterday -

Waking to find that our basement had flooded would normally have caused me to be pretty upset; instead, getting my socks wet while ripping up carpet didn't phase me.


Later that day while cleaning up vomit from the kitchen floor (thanks G for making it to the kitchen), I mused that this was a day like any other, in fact it was better than most. Life is good! My kids are happy and mostly healthy. We live in a great neighborhood, we are surrounded by family and friends and best of all - It's Summer!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sons basement room flooded, also! We are ripping up carpet and pulling out pad, too! What are you gonna do?
~Lisa

Tiffany said...

Oh Julie I'm sorry!! I hope nothing got too damaged!! But you're so positive!!

Lynja said...

Those are the days that I want to go to the Dr. and ask him to keep my hormones at that level. Imagen if we try to keep that attitude all the time. Great Job.

Cindy said...

What a pain! I'm sorry to hear that. I was afraid my basement would be flooded too after the storm the other day.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever watch "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel? I think if this keeps up, I'm going to vote you guys in! ;) Hope the rest of the week starts looking up for you all!!

jendoop said...

Ok I want to know the drugs you have and dosage instructions!