It all started in another time and place - DH (That's short for my Dear Husband) and I were poor college students at BYU. Along comes A. So tiny and sweet. We were smitten with this child that marked the beginning our child raising years.

13 years = walking, talking, 1st tooth, 1st day of preschool, then Kindergarten, learning to read, playing soccer, riding a bike, learning to roller blade, wrestling, chess club, scouts, baptism, priesthood ordination, schooling, and now here we are at another milestone called TEENAGER! Teenagers go through so much in such a short time frame, it is no wonder they are generally described using these adjectives: Bad attitude, know-it-all, hormonal, defiant, never wrong, can't be bothered, "Whatttt-EVer!" I have already seen these attitudes in A, but I've got a positive outlook and am going to enjoy every minute of his teenager-hood. In fact, having a teenager around can be really fun. He's old enough to understand my jokes, he helps watch his younger siblings, he and I have similar tastes in books, he mows the lawn and shovels the walk and he knows that he is our 1st child and therefore is the "guinea pig" in our parenting schemes. With only 5 more years with him under my roof I plan to have as much fun with him and influence on him as I possibly can!

HAPPY 13th!!!
6 comments:
I can't believe you have a teenager. Man - you're getting old. A is so cute! Here's to the teenage years - woo hoo!
Happy Birthday! Oh boy it's amazing we've been able to keep them alive this long! I agree having a teenager in the house has its advantages.
Happy B'day A. I still remember putting you on my shoulders and running around, as well as the days when you wouldn't take medicine (rather throw it up,) and I remember being at your house the night the 'lid-fairy' came to your house.
Your 3rd b'day brought us to our wonderful mountain home today! Loved cooking with you this spring and all the memories! Love you! Auntie M
Happy b-day A!!!!
I love the hurdles pic!!!
Congrats on the teenager!! And lots-o-luck!! One of these days, we're still going to have to get together - things just don't seem to slow down!
Sweet Escape - Yes! This summer is screaming by. I'd love to visit, but it would cost me $25 in gas just to see you! Okay, that's a lame excuse but it's all I've got! Until then, we'll have to keep in touch via our blogs! Have a great time at girls camp Chef!
Post a Comment