Thursday, November 13, 2008

Simple message -

Yesterday at church, the sacrament meeting topic was on the family. I'm sorry to admit I wasn't able to glean much from the talks as I was too busy out in the foyer with little S. That's where I was when the 1st speaker finished speaking. After a few seconds of listening to silence from the pulpit, I realized that I was supposed to be up front with the hubby and kids singing a musical number we had prepared. When I walked into the chapel, I saw DH with the kids already up front. The look on DH's face said it all! He was greatly relieved to see me and was thinking that he might be on his own for this one. We (except for our "too cool" teenager) sang "A Family is of God." We do not have amazing singing voices, but the simple message conveyed was beautiful.
The chorus:
God gave us families
to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love,
for the fam’ly is of God.

7 comments:

jendoop said...

You are awesome! Where is the youtube video?! I wanna see!

Mare said...

I have to admit - when I was approx 12-13 years old I was forced to sing a song with my little brothers and sisters...it turned into my solo and was really awful - I still shudder to think! I'm sure your family was quite relieved to see you enter - way to save the day!

Jules said...

jen - not on your life!
maryann - I'm sure it went better than you think it did.

The A Family said...

I wish we could have seen it! Oh and in case you can't find us, here is our new blog address: http://theafamilyzoo.blogspot.com/

Dan said...

We enjoyed your musical number very much. It added to the spirit of the meeting. Thanks

Jules said...

dan - that counts as a talk right? I'm good for at least a year.

mommyshan said...

I loved your song!!! It was so sweet and sincere, thanks for sharing your family in this way!