Friday, December 26, 2008

Tis the Season

My husband took the kids sledding and the house is quiet, so I thought I'd take advantage and write a few quick thoughts.

Christmas this year started early in December and has continued through today. People (you know who you are) keep bringing us food and taking care of kids, house, laundry, or whatever. Even though I haven't been able to prepare for Christmas with gift buying and holiday cooking and such, my husband took care of all the presents (including his own) and we've had many yummy holiday goodies from neighbors and friends. The only regret is that I haven't been able to serve others this holiday season, so watch out for me next year. I'm going to more than make up for it!

I don't think I'll get any Christmas cards out this year, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

4 comments:

temaire said...

Merry Christmas Julie! I am glad that your Christmas went well and that you have people serving you. I told a lady in my ward that if there wasn't someone in need then we would never be able to help out! I am glad that you are doing what you should and resting! lol Enjoy your time alone and Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Julie i miss you!!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. You deserve it! You are such a wonderful mother and a great example to your fellow sisters!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year (I guess it's too late to say Merry Christmas!). I hope you're doing well. I seriously need to take a day and go out to see you. I hope your Christmas was great! Thanks for being you!

Jules said...

temaire - it's getting a little old being on the receiving end of the service thing. I am grateful and all, it's just that I would like to feel better and be serving someone else in their time of need.

melissa - it was great to see your blog! Awesome.

hiroko - yes - our Christmas was fabulous. How about yours? Yes -you should get over here and say hi. I'd love to see you.