Basement - many of you have asked me how our basement is coming along. I will take pictures soon and get them posted. The building inspector came on Wednesday and gave us the go ahead for insulation. Next up - Sheet rock!
A's home school - My13 year old 8th grader is in the home stretch! This week I had to take him to a testing center to complete his state standardized testing. Poor guy had testing all day on Thursday and again on Friday morning. We went out to lunch both days - once with DH and then with Grandma L.
Friday - I made Meat Pie for dinner. Not exciting, I know, why am I blogging about Meat Pie? I thought it looked nice and decided to make some other pies too. I made a banana cream and a strawberry pie. Mmm good.


Saturday - Macey's hosted a carnival. They gave out free food, had a petting zoo, and a variety of games set up for the kids to win prizes. After loading up on cake, cotton candy, popcorn and ice-cream, and playing all of the games, we headed home with 4 new goldfish (they won as a prize) and tummy aches.
That evening, my little 9 year old daughter got to go out on a date with her Grandpa A. She was so excited about it and even got a new dress for the event. Grandpa bought her a corsage to match her dress. The event was a Daddy Daughter Ball, but my DH was unable to escort her that evening as her mommy had already made plans for him. Luckily, Grandpa stepped in and made the whole evening special for her. There are few moments in life you just want to keep in your heart and this was one of them.
Now for the best part of the night! My DH and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. We went out to an Italian Restaurant and for the highlight of the evening we went to the Broadway Production of "WICKED!" In a word ---- "AWESOME!!!" Loved every minute of it.
Today, I played some games with the primary to get them to sing louder for music time. We were reviewing a few songs we've learned this year. They sang so beautifully and with such enthusiasm, it made me want to cry. I just love to hear children sing.
6 comments:
B looked so cute and was so proud to have her Grandpa there! She kept admiring her corsage all night :)
SO JEALOUS that you got to go to Wicked! The primary kids made me cry yesterday, too. You are going to have to set that tic tac toe game up in the chapel when they perform!!
Happy Anniversary! Glad that you had a good time with your husband. I totally want to see Wicked...hated the book but heard the play is amazing!
So nice to have grandpas! Hope they both had a good time.
Also, your pies look delicious!
Life is just too busy, you need a vacation (and I mean the kind where you just relax)! Congrats on the anniversary, I am jealous that you got to see Wicked, but not too jealous since we will probably go to Florida for our 10th anniversary this year!
Love the recap.
You do such an amazing job in Primary! I'm SO jealous you got to see Wicked! Congrats on 16 years, that's SO FUN!
Happy Anniversary! Wicked is fun, I saw it in Denver with friends. You can do singing time in PA any old time you feel like it... I'm tired of double duty.
Post a Comment