Here's how this goes - I'll tell you my woes and then you tell me yours. C'mon, it'll be fun. At least writing them down will be somewhat cathartic and then we can move on.
I went to the doctor today. I'm sick. I'm coughing and it hurts every time I cough. It hurts my chest, my throat, and the muscles in my very pregnant belly! My DH is sick (strep throat) and several of my kids are sick too. It's hard to be sympathetic and care for them when I feel so miserable and just want to hide in my bed for the next few days.
Add to this my visit to the OB/GYN on Tuesday. I hate that scale! I don't have a scale at home (because I would obsess about it) and weighing myself every two weeks is just more than I can handle. For those of you sitting there saying "Oh, Julie, you do not need to worry about gaining weight" I say, I feel like a big fat cow! I've already surpassed my weight gain from the last 4 pregnancies! Also, my feet, ankles, and hands have begun swelling. On Tuesday it hurt so bad I couldn't stand up to cook dinner. Luckily it hasn't gotten that bad since.
You'd think that the last few weeks of school would be relaxing and fun, but nooooo! My 13 year old is working hard to finish up home school, my daughter Boo has a project due next week that is worth 50% of her grade, then there's "Author's Night" next week the kids are writing books for, and with all of these colds going around, they've missed some of their state standardized testing which will have to be made up next week as well. Enough already!
Thanks for listening (reading). My kids have a book about a mouse who has a really bad day and is complaining to his mother about it. His mother tells him that "It could have been worse" and the illustrations show that the mouse was in mortal danger from a snake, a fox, and an owl and the bad things that happened that day actually saved him from being eaten. I know that things could be worse, I just needed to vent.
Your turn -
6 comments:
you deserve to vent. Just remember to take one thing at a time and sleep:)
I agree, venting is good. I do it all the time on my blog. Feel free to observe there anytime.
Well you have just helped the rest of us who do not have it near as bad as you. You just made my sprained foot and sick kids feel like cloud9!
sometimes the bad days help you to really enjoy the great days - or maybe we have them to help keep things in perspective. So sorry you've all been sick. Just a couple more weeks to hang in there right?
Aaah, the swelling, sorry! While I would agree that you look fine, swelling just makes you feel awful, no matter what. Glad to have read this at the same time as the great weekend post - things got better. Sick is just no fun, and I always miss those days when sick meant tv, sprite, and mom pampering . . . but you are the mom now, sigh. My vent? Um, my sister eloped to Vegas last week and it's caused all manner of havoc. Can't vent about that on my own blog . . .
Kat - I'm sure you were plenty miserable with the foot and everything. Glad to see you up and about.
Emily - Oh My WORD!!!! I'm sorry to hear about the family scandal. I hope everything works out okay. If you need to vent or need a sprite, you just let me know.
Post a Comment