Monday, May 18, 2009

Misery Update

Despite our runny noses, coughs and headaches, we managed to have a nice weekend.

Thursday night, A received his Duty to God advancement. Great job son!
My DH and A went to see the new Star Trek movie. I think they had a good time male bonding.

On Saturday, the kids put the sprinkler under the trampoline and had a great time enjoying the nice warm weather.
Sunday afternoon, we took a family drive to Iosepa. Once home to over 200 Polynesian members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is now a Ghost Town.The gnats were almost unbearable even with bug spray. Who knew those tiny things could bite like that?!
We located a couple of Geocaches and spent a great deal of time trying to catch tadpoles at Horseshoe Springs. We brought home 5 of the little guys. Anyone know what tadpoles eat?

7 comments:

temaire said...

I'm curious. Is the misery update the gnats biting? lol

Melissa said...

I love tadpoles!!!! We would grab a couple of the rocks from the pond and they would eat the algea off of them. I think thats how they survived. Oh, I'm so excited for your kids. Its neat to see them grow from a tadpole to a frog. with their little legs growing out of their body. Good luck keeping them alive!!
Hey, you should post a picture so we can check those little guys out!

I'm actually tempted to make cody take me out there on his days off so I can catch a couple :)

jendoop said...

gnats and tadpoles, sounds like a boy's dream.

Jules said...

temaire - just feeling silly for rambling on about my bad day a few days ago and thought I'd put in some good stuff to augment.

melissa - Thanks for the info on the tadpoles. I hope to see some frogs soon. If they survive a week, I'll post some pics!

jendoop - The boys had a great time, but Boo was the only one besides my husband who actually caught a tadpole. On the way home, she began teaching G her technique for catching a tadpole. She was very methodical about it and looked at it like a challenge she just had to conquer. I think the boys were a bit miffed that they weren't able to catch anything. BTW - gnats are GNOT fun! We have little bug bites all over us.

Dan said...

Fun post. Glad to see you made it out to Iosepa.
And I think tadpoles eat GNATS..

Kat said...

Oh you'll have to tell me how to get there, I want to go to! And now I just have to come see the tadpoles!

Mare said...

I think it is all perspective...I'd love to trade shoes...I almost couldn't even tell that you were pregnant in your pictures - I had to look twice. You look great either way and always bounce back so well.