Every other year my daughters, mom, sisters, sisters-in-law, nieces, and grand nieces get together for a girls only weekend. This time the theme was "pampered weekend" and we did just that! We gave each other pedicures and manicures. We watched movies and played games. We hired a masseuse and a skin care specialist for massages and facials. We had a yoga class and went to the aquarium. Mostly we just goofed around and relaxed. It was a much needed retreat for me. There were plenty of willing volunteers to hold my baby, and soaking my feet in lavender smelling epsom salts was soothing! I even painted the babies toenails - 

Home Imrovement - I've been decorating the baby's room - okay, so my DH did all the painting, but I cleaned the blinds and hung the valance and wallpaper! Here's a sneak peak of the nursery-
I still need to hang some pictures and a shelf. It is looking so cute already!
Friends - I was so lucky to see several of my out of town friends this summer. These are the women in my life who have changed me for the better! I loved visiting with each of them.
My childhood friend - Of the two of us, I was the rebellious one. At least, that's what her mother thought. LOL
My high school/college friend - The stories she could tell!
My high school/college friend - The stories she could tell!
My college roommate - She's holding my baby! Doesn't she look content?Swim lessons - it's all about the treats on the last day!
The baby's blessing day - It was the perfect day. Thank you all for joining us on her special day.
Boo's prize cabbage! She grew this in our garden -
Little B having fun at the Gateway Olympic Fountain. He stayed in there for the longest time.
My kid's with my friend Cheri's kids plus one -Boo got braces! Those gaps between her teeth have already closed. She has a major underbite too, so the braces will be on for a long while. Hopefully she won't need surgery like her big brother.
5 comments:
I didn't know her toes were painted....anything else you haven't told me? ;-)
Great pics.:)
Good job on the nursery. It looks great!
Zoe grew her cabbage and it got huge! After a big batch of veggie soup and coleslaw (which we don't even like) she finally let me get away with tossing the remains.
Wow, we have been busy latelty! And I don't think it's going to slow down anytime soon. =) Oh and I love the babies toes!!!
great to see all of you again, I missed your posts - no guilt intended, just loves.
Way to go on the cabbage! We love cabbage for Chicken Oriental Salad.
When we got back home R. went to a discussion group for teenagers at the library. The topic? The new Harry Potter movie. She couldn't wait to vent her frustrations. What a silly girl, nothing like her level headed mother ;)
Post a Comment