Thursday, April 22, 2010

The sickies -

Baby has another ear infection. Her last round of antibiotics concluded at the end of March. Three weeks later and WHAMO another ear infection. This is her third round of antibiotics in less than 40 days. What is it with my kids and ear infections?!

S is sick too - yucky nose and cough and throwing up. Not fun. Now he is on antibiotics as well.

Little B has the cough and runny nose - hopefully it won't get worse.

G is on antibiotics - he had the same cold and developed an ear infection as well. He also had a major asthma attack. It was in the middle of the night and even though it was scary (he was really struggling to breathe) I felt totally calm and in control. I took him straight to the bathroom and turned on the shower to get some steam and asked my husband to administer a priesthood blessing. Then we got out the nebulizer and started some albuterol. The power of the priesthood never ceases to amaze me. By morning, G had no asthmatic symptoms at all. Nor has he had the constant coughing or drippy nose that my other kids have had.

Boo has a cough and runny nose and stayed home from school on Monday.

A is starting in on a cough and runny nose. I'll probably be next.

I feel like I am living in a germ cess pool. I have company coming tomorrow. I am going to spend the day sanitizing my house!

2 comments:

Mare said...

Wow! Hope everyone gets better soon!
Our youngest had CONSTANT ear infections for her first 9 months. She is allergic to all antibiotics now as a result.
I swear we personally paid for our pediatrician's future 5 vacations. Once she got tubes in her ears, it was all miraculously fixed and they had to beg us to bring the kids in for their check-ups.

Jules said...

I'm worried about the antibiotics thing. We are on our 3rd type of antibiotics. Amoxicillin then Augmentin and now Omnicef. If she isn't cleared up by next month I think I'll be requesting tubes. I don't want to do any more antibiotics if we can help it.