Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Running isn't fun

Running is on the Top 10 list of my least favorite forms of exercise. Maybe it is because I feel like I want to throw up after running 2 blocks. Yes, I measure my running capabilities in terms of neighborhood blocks instead of miles, because I've never made it out of the neighborhood. Brian, on the other hand, is my running hero. He only started running 6 months ago. Last weekend he completed his first ever half marathon. For you non-running folk out there, that is 13.1 miles! He raced with his brother in the Canyonlands 1/2 marathon. I would tell you how awesome he did, but I think I might embarrass him. I didn't get to go and watch him cross the finish line, but I am so proud of him! It almost makes me want to take up running so that we'll have some form of exercise that we both like to do! I said almost - I guess he'll just have to take up pilates!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Way to go!! I LOVE half marathons and Canyonlands is SO pretty!! Running is F-U-N, once you get past the puking part ;)

Mare said...

I can tell you how awesome he did, cause we watched him cross the finish line. It was GREAT! He did a fantastic job and got a REALLY great time - especially for just starting running so recently. He must be related to a runner... :) Missed you guys.

temaire said...

It took me a LONG time (39 years) to like running, but now I do (for the most part). however, I don't think that there is any need to make yourself love it if you don't want to. Stick with the pilates! :) That is great that he did that 1/2 marathon. My sister-in-law ran that. Looked beautiful!

Jules said...

Tiff - you mean there IS a way to get past the puking part??

Mare - I miss you too! See you in June!

Temaire - I think I'll take your advice and stick with pilates! My husband said that it was absolutely beautiful and he said they had some huge drums around the 10 mile mark and he could hear the drums for a couple of miles.