Thursday, May 8, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

1) Although I am theoretically against President Bush’s Economic Stimulus Payment, I am having NO difficulty spending it.
2) Liddiard’s, our neighborhood furniture store, will not BARGAIN with you. What happened to the good old days when you could do business without getting the "manager" involved. Are we in Kindergarten?
3) Don’t ask me to do anything, I will probably say “yes” and I’m already drowning.
4) If I don’t write it down, I won’t remember it.
5) If I do write it down, there are no guarantees that I will actually remember to look at my “to do” list.
6) Wheezing occurs when airways in the lungs become swollen and filled with mucous from viruses or allergens. This condition can cause damage to the lung if left untreated.
7) It only takes approximately 6 or 7 minutes to get to the ER from our house.
8) PineSol and a scrubby brush can get SpaghettiO sauce off cement.
9) It doesn't matter how many trips to WalMart I have made this week, I will still forget to buy dish soap.
10) Desultory is an adjective meaning: Jumping from one thing to another; rambling.

This post, although desultory in nature, is an attempt to make light and laugh (just a little) at my week. Otherwise I might cry (just a little).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a week you've had!

It is so frustrating to have to learn over and over again to say "no". But while you aren't refusing anything, why don't you come visit me? :)

Becky said...

I love the desultory blog. I learned a new word today. Wow, sounds like things are crazy! Hey, can you watch my kids this weekend? All weekend? You're cute, say no. It's a good skill...I've heard.

Mare said...

Sounds like you've had some great lessons this week. And it is nice to hear that you are human too! I'm still waiting for that tax relief - can't wait! Hope this next week is better for you.
By the way, after you go visit that other person, and then watch Becky's kids for the weekend, we'd love to have you come visit us again as well. Does it seem like everyone is taking advantage of you? I can't wait for school to be out so that half of my responsibilities (getting kids out of bed, and out the door in record time) disappear...just can't wait. Just remember there's always a silver lining, sometimes you just have to look a little harder. Love you M

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Julie, you crack me up! Your blog is honestly one of my favorites to read, and my dish soap is currently down to the last drop, too. Thanks for reminding me I'm not the only out there feeling like life is a little crazy!

Jules said...

Jendoop - Yes, Yes, Yes! I'll come visit you. How much is a plane ticket?

Becky - I'll watch your cute kids anytime. Here's a new word for you - voluble - adj. meaning to speak in a fluid stream of words. I enjoy reading your voluble blog.

MaryAnn - I hope you get that tax relief check soon. Check your bank balance. Ours was directly deposited. We had a great time on our last visit. How about you guys stay here next time you're in town?

Kim - I do wonder if anyone finds the humor in my blogs. Thanks for the confirmation.

Honestly, I have a good deal of writing material on the crazy and hectic life I lead. It is harder to write about the quiet moments. Hmmm. I'm feeling another blog post coming on.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Thanks for the fun chuckle today! I'm glad I'm not the only one that forgets things AFTER I write them down. Go get some chocolate, girl!